Monday, July 18, 2011

211 Roof Terrace Café , Holland Village, Singapore



Having not ventured far from my immediate vicinity - Robertson Quay - I felt it time to go a bit further afield to discover a new area in Singapore. 

Holland Village is a place that has popped up in many a local magazine and mentioned a few times on Asia Food Channel.  I had heard about a roof terrace cafe in this area and so I had to check it out.

On arrival to Holland Village, I was surprised to discover that this roof terrace cafe was at the top of a rather ugly looking shopping centre rather than some pretty old shop house. 

Taking the escalators up to the 4th floor, I felt just a little apprehension.  Upon entering the cafe, I was sure I had made a big mistake - with formica covered looking tables and cheap looking chairs - it just didn't look all that great.

When I asked for the roof terrace, the waitress took me outside where I was amazed to find a lush looking roof terrace with a serene water feature and pretty lamp lights.


The food here is a mix of Italian and Australian; pasta, risotto, salad, soup, meat and fish.  I opted for the rack of lamb cutlets with roasted vegetables ($28.80 nett) and my dining companion chose the spaghetti vongole ($16.80 nett).

We didn't have too long to wait for our food.  First impressions were pretty good, much better than expected.  That lamb was beautifully cooked, just what I asked for, medium.  The vegetables carrots and zucchine were al dente and the portobello mushroom was juicy and delicious. 


The spaghetti vongole came with a generous amount of clams, the chilli had been de-seeded to take away the heat, the spaghetti was cooked al dente and sauce was deliciously garlicky.


For a cafe, the food we had was well executed and well priced.  The roof terrace is certainly a big draw for those who want alfresco dining in the middle of a concrete metropolis. 

Staff are attentive and service is fairly quick.  This place is surely a lovely cafe to come for a spot of lunch and some respite from a shopping session.

211 Roof Terrace Café
211 Holland Avenue, #04-01 Holland Road Shopping Centre, Singapore
TEL: +65 6462 6194



HOURS
9am-11pm Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment